martedì 1 giugno 2010

And the story goes on, one of them, my life i realise now is like a matrioska russian doll!!!there is one into another...

Cool so let’s go on from where we stopped last time… I was talking about this old friend of mine, Rusu…This guy is a volcano, that’s the best quality I can rely to him!

Well, after that improvised performance on stage, we had some beers with this guy chatting about music and other stuff, then we didn’t see each others for a couple of years, during wich he started a band as well “Totale Apatia”.

Loads of things happened during those 3 years, privately and in common life, I’ve been in other bands, met new people, lost new people, the old ones was always there anyway so it was kind of normality, every week we cross people and in short terms we lose every track of them, maybe cause during that week or month or year they just gave and received all that they were supposed to carry and take for you, or maybe, as it happens sometimes, u meet in the wrong moment, in the wrong place and u meet years after when things are different, u recon each others and there u start something bigger than what u had the first time u met.

I heard from Rusu 3 years later, when he asked me to join his band as drummer, but as I was busy with other things and bands, I’ve had to decline, honestly I didn’t like much the music he wanted to play, extreme hard rock, as at that moment I was involved in mostly reggae and more solar atmospheres, but as he invited me anyway to see his concerts, we started to meet more and more often, until I really changed my whole entourage of that period, not wild enough for I’ve became, and generally bigots, respectable minded, fanatic of themselves as well, I don’t know how to say now, but during the time I felt that situations turning not to be tight for me!!! So I just needed a change and I got more and more into Totale Apatia’s situation, where I met more direct people, spontaneous and they always say what they mean, anyway…that was what I was looking for, no half way in say things…even if it’s extreme!!! There you could take care of your individuality but in a group, a very solid group!!!

And more into nature system, I don’t know how to explain, but as I grew up in country side, I really don’t go to look for concrete and metropolis, forests, wide open fields of green, rivers, they are my elements!!! And if you’re reading this, dear M, you know what our element was, but you know I can’t tell it here….The other ones that was there know what I’m talking about any way so…it’s all sorted!

There was 5 things that was always there in Totale’s dimension: the road, the “pub on the road”, the forest in Quinzano, the fans, the girls….That was what I always really needed and wanted…those 5 elements, that I hardly live without. Now things are changed but at that time I was really into my dimension, I was still in another band, but the weekend was on the road, adventure, never know when u leave town, never know when you come back, but always know that anyway u’re gonna end up with a roof on your head and it’s rarely an hotel anyway….It’s just that we’re a bunch of nice guys, skilled in these things… The base was the “pub on the road” right opposite to where my flat was, I just had to cross a net, the road and I was in my second home, with my friends, with Ramon, with Elisa, Rusu, Cresta, Ringhio, Danny, Gero, Elisa, Alice, Laura and everyone that was there and knows everything that happened…That was our common ground for about 10 years, there we lived anything and everything…

We found love, we lost friends, we meet friends, had fights and rumble, we experimented that certain chemicals are not for human use, even if u’re damn wasted by alcohol, we did our concerts, we arranged concerts for others, we arranged to have Marky Ramone playing there, during an European tour with his band “the Speed Kings”, an hero for us…and our band opened the evening for Marky Ramone!!!!

There was people from Milan, Venezia, Bologna, somes even from Switzerland, even if I don’t know how did they get to know about this concert in our small small village, we made up to 3000 people in that place that couldn’t contain more than 1000!!!!

What a night of hell…Rock, girls, alcohol, police, rumbles, mess!!!!

It was a little stress to manage it, as we organised that we had to take care of it as well, so we’ve partly relied to a security agency, partly we scrounged the rest of really un professional security from fit locals, ready to fight back anything happens…

Luckly nothing bad happened, apart from a couple of rumbles, just some bleeding noses… The place was crowded, in summer, u couldn’t move inside, outside was a mess as well, the car park was blocked, there still was a long queue going on all night and inside rock was ruling, all night till 3 in the morning…really u can smell adrenaline and pheromones 3 miles far!!! But it was exceptional, so we did it again, to arrange from time to time, usually every 6 months, a big concert in our rock house “on the road”!!! that night just ended up with us full of sweat, completely covered in champagne, girls, friends and……well one of the most memorable things never happened to us!!!

During those 6 months, as we were planning new gigs for us, arranging the schedule and stories for our 1st video clip that would go on tv, then other private stories, we also prepared other concerts for other smaller and bigger bands, it was nice, Rusu were more involved in this than me actually, yes I helped him in arrange things, but mostly cause he’s a very messy guy in mind, and he needs help and suggestions to work out good things…As anyone I know anyway!!!

The funny thing during these years was that more and more the rock scene of our area was creating more and more bands, most of them had a lot of rivalry to each others, us not!! We were friends to each others, to other bands, we were not only a team in a band, we finally turned to be a team of bands organising things for each others and whoah…it was a real storm of happenings every week, every weekend, that sometimes u had to call ur self sick if u wanted some intimacy in ur private life!!! I remember expecially there was a month in early summer of 2005 where I didn’t spend one single night at home, in privacy relaxed on my sofa….It was out every night and come back the day after…for one month I swapped the day with the night and just to be there with philosophers, record machine people, writers, skaters, “groupies”, artists, crazy people… and if it was not in someone’s place it was on the road for a concert in a far far town!

Ok I'll cut for now...i could go on for hours about this cause really i got so much to tell that's really difficult to make a resume about it...i estimate i will need 3 more posts about it so come back, sit down, have a beer, roll one, or just take yourself for a chill out moment here...tell u soon

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento